Oak Bark Chai Tea (Caffeinated)
Ok. We’re Chai snobs. There. It’s out. We confess. This tea was created in our kitchen when we found Chai as a healthy coffee substitute. But the store bought Chais were lacking. Seriously lacking. Or filled with sugar. So we set out to make the very best chai. Ever. With some help from our Oak tree friends who whispered that their bark is medicinal. Sure enough, Oak bark has been studied. So we tossed some in. You won’t taste the Oak Bark, but your body will thank you.
Our Oak Bark Chai (OBC) is a heavenly way to start your day! With this caffeinated version, you get the same clarity and energizing effects as coffee plus a whole lot of healing goodness from your morning beverage! Our delicious handcrafted, organic Chai tea will not disappoint! Incredibly aromatic spices and our not-so-secret ingredient, Oak Bark, give this tea the jazz you need to get going, while boosting your body with a variety of health perks. Check out all the reasons to switch your coffee habit to our Oak Bark Chai:
- Oak Bark is anti-inflammatory, helps arthritis, diarrhea, colds, fever, cough, bronchitis, and improves digestion.
- Packed full of antioxidants, Assam black tea not only wins on taste but also on energy-boosting qualities and health benefits such as decreasing the risk of heart attacks and strokes, and improve blood circulation.
- Cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and may improve some key risk factors for heart disease, including cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure, as well as reducing blood sugar, and preventing cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Ginger helps digestion, reduces nausea, helps fight the flu and common cold, is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, may help osteoarthritis, diabetes, may prevent cancer and may reduce menstrual pain.
- Cardamom has an intensely sweet and savory taste. It is regarded as the queen of spices and is one of the most expensive spices, ranking third, the first and second being saffron and vanilla. It’s used for preventing cancer, depression, high blood pressure, blood sugar metabolism, digestive support, antimibrobial, anti-inflammatory, and opening the airways.
- Black pepper is exceptionally high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It may improve memory, lower cholesterol, fight cancer and reduce pain.
- In addition to their sweet, aromatic flavor, cloves are known for their potent medicinal properties. They’re high in antioxidants, may protect against cancer, can kill off bacteria, may improve liver health, may help regulate blood sugar, may promote bone health, and may reduce stomach ulcers.
Or try our decaf version, which uses Rooibos instead of black Assam tea. This tea’s deep, rich scents will fill your home with its aromatic therapy, relaxing the mind, and energizing the heart.